Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Att. LA PEOPLE, rsvp-kodak event

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    CINE and Eastman Kodak present:
    "Is There a Place for Your Project?"
    A discussion with Programming Executives

    When: Thursday, January 9, 2003
    6:30pm - Reception
    7:30pm - Program
    9:00pm - Desert

    WHERE: Eastman Kodak Company
    6700 Santa Monica Blvd.
    Hollywood, CA 90038

    Participants:

    Donald Thoms, Discovery Health Channel
    Carole Florman, VP Communications, CPB
    Jacoba Atlas, Co-Chief Program Executive, PBS
    Claire Aguilar, Dir. Of Production, ITVS
    Nancy Lesser, Sr. VP Communications/West Coast HBO

    RSVP to Sharon Pizzo at 323-468-4220

    HURRY - SPACE IS LIMITED!

    Could one of our la people go and report on this to the rest of us?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member calgodot's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    I called & left a message with Sharon Pizzo today, requesting more info.

    Kodak has a terrible website - I know we've all heard this before, but I've been serching their site for some mention of this event, and have found zilch.

    I'll try to make it - no promises, though.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member calgodot's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: with exception made to some of their film stocks, Kodak sucks.

    Not only is this event already filled beyond capacity (Sharon Pizzo says she had to call about 80 people back to tell them they could not attend), but Kodak has NO METHOD of informing me in the future about such events. They have no email distribution lists for such, and do not always put these events on the web site. (When they do, I am told, odds are it will be in the student filmmaking section, whether it has anything to do with sutdents or not). They rely on word of mouth and/or other groups to promote these events. Apparently, the IDA sent out notice via email to their membership, which explains why the thing is packed. (Is that how you heard bossjock?)

    So I encouraged them to establish such a list, put up a page where people can sign up for their list, etc. She sounded annoyed when I suggested it, but said she would pass the info along to the guy in charge of such things.

    What do I expect, right? It's free. They're not making any money off these events, so why should they bother promoting them? I mean, lots of people would show up, and that would mean more work. Better not to let anyone know.

    Yeesh!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •